Tuesday 8 November 2011

Yaoi Dreaming

Hi there.


Just one new piece for today, one that I'd completed a while back. As I said in a previous post I didn't like the idea of posting a gift before the intended giftee received the aforementioned gift. But since I gave it to her the other day, here it is in all it's splendour.



So this particular friend is obsessed with yaoi, and for all of the people looking at this blog who don't know what yaoi is, its manga or anime devoted to homosexual relationships. Look at the 'Wikipedia' article if you'd like to know more. She also likes birds, hence the peacock. This was quite fun to draw, as I don't often draw couples and I like the fluffy, happy feeling I get from this picture.

I've recently found a great new way to flatten watercolour artworks, as the paper often buckles when using water based media. I used to attempt this by just placing the artwork in a book and waiting a few days, which gave me only limited success. Take a look at this site, for a great and easy way to flatten paintings.

My next Quick Concept(TM) should be up in the next few days

Keep drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment